Filcom International TMC
24th October 2020
A Toastmaster Wears Many Hats
Word of the Day: Mummery
Filcom's 388th was held on the 24th of October via Zoom.
The meeting began with the Sergeant-At-Arms Fouad reading out the club mission and meeting protocol. Right after, President Diana May formally opened the meeting, and warmly greeted the guests. Then the virtual floor was handed over to the Toastmaster of the Day, Hieu Huu Huynh, DTM who rocked the virtual stage with his unique way to describe various roles, members play in #Toastmasters journey as well as in our common life. He also changed different hats to justify and explain each role.
He introduced the role players for the night: TM Dale Amazed as the Timer, and TM Rinku Saha Mallik as both the Ah-Counter and Grammarian.
3 Filcomites took over the reins of this segment.
1. Grace Moran Billington, DTM beautifully portrayed a vivid picture of her personal life where she wears different hats to play different roles through her speech – “Toastmasters wear many hats”.
2. Deepti Potnis shared her experience on how various cultural background makes us different and unique being a “Bridge walker”.
3. Michelle Macaraig explained the purpose of Leadership and how we all should be a “Mindful Leader”.
Table Topics are presented by Diana May, who played the role of a brand ambassador:
1. Guest Ray - Have a Break, Have a KitKat.
2. Guest Rose - McDonald's, I'm lovin' it.
3. Mohammed Farooq, DTM - Ford, Go Further
4. Guest Luis - Levi's, Quality never goes out of style
5. Hamad - Coca-Cola, Open Happiness.
6. Dhruv - Nike, Just Do It.
Mohammed Farooq, DTM was the General evaluator and introduced TM Shyam Sundar, Philip Cherian and Nadim Bitar, respectively , who provided their evaluations on their assigned speeches. Joseph Amande, DTM evaluated all Table topic speeches. Thereafter, the role players rendered their reports.
Best Speaker– Grace Moran Billington, DTM
Best Table Topics Speaker– Guest Luis & Guest Ray
Best Evaluator - Shyam Sundar and Philip Cherian
Best Segment Host – Diana May